We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to copy a Chart tab ?

Hello,

Actually I'm testing XlsIO to verify that it can respond to all my needs to replace slow Excel automation.

Actually, I success to implement all my need except the "Chart Tab" copy. I can't find a "AddCopy" methods on IChart. Is it a missing or is it a known limitation ?

Thanks

PS: To workaround that, i'm coding a "attributes by attibutes" copy but actually, the generated Excel workbook hang Excel :-(

6 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team April 18, 2008 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Khonsort,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue of "Support for AddCopy method" has been confirmed as a feature request and we have logged a request in our feature management system. We will get back to you once this feature is implemented.

Regards,
Bhuvana

FP Frederic Prevost April 21, 2008 08:05 AM UTC

Hi,

To try to solve my problem, I follow two ways.

1) adding normally an ChartTab and then copy attribute/attributes every parts of my original tab. I just have some problem with Excel rendering when I include Legend. My ChartArea (or plotarea) is placed at the upper left corner with a very small size.
I think that the order of copy of the attributes is important. Can you give me the right order (plotarea, legent, series, walls, ...)

2) I try to use the Clone(parent) public methods of the ChartImpl object. Meanwhile, as it's an "ChartTab", the implementation try to add the cloned to the Charts collection of the Workbook without changing the Name attribute... (result: duplicate key in collection :-(). There are 2 others clone methods on ChartImpl but I don't know how to use them.

Any help ?

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team April 28, 2008 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Khonsort,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

ChartArea is placed at the upper left corner with a very small size:

I am not able to reproduce the issue that you mentioned here. I have created a simple sample and copy the chart attributes of every part of the original chart. Here it displays like the original chart.

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/73066/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Duplicate Key in collection:

For testing this issue we need your sample. Could you please try to send your sample so that we could provide you a better solution?

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Regards,
G.Yavana

KH Khonsort April 30, 2008 04:43 PM UTC

Thanks for your responds.

First of all, concerning the 1er point, i'm actually in holidays and I will take a look at it normally tuesday the 5th of may.

Concerning the duplicate key, here is the code that I use try to to clone ChartTab:

IChart newChart = (IChart) ( _xlClasseur.TabSheets[indxTab] as Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Charts.ChartImpl ).Clone(_xlClasseur );

Regards,

>Hi Khonsort,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

ChartArea is placed at the upper left corner with a very small size:

I am not able to reproduce the issue that you mentioned here. I have created a simple sample and copy the chart attributes of every part of the original chart. Here it displays like the original chart.

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/73066/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Duplicate Key in collection:

For testing this issue we need your sample. Could you please try to send your sample so that we could provide you a better solution?

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Regards,
G.Yavana

KH Khonsort April 30, 2008 04:53 PM UTC

Hey,

I've just have a look at your sample.
I remember (after one week of holidays) that I have the problem if I try to move (set) the legend at the bottom (under the chart).

Regards

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team May 1, 2008 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Khonsort,

I have modified the sample with legend position as bottom and copy the chart legend position like that in original chart. Here it works fine. I have tested this issue in the following environment winxp with service pack2, Office 2003, vs2005, v6.2.0.40.

Here is the modified sample link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F_73066/main.htm

Also please provide the below details:

1.System details

2.Office version

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon